Rock Anywhere with the iRig STOMP from IK Multimedia [Giveaway]
For the guitar player on the go, there are a ton of possibilities for mobile amp simulation which I had the pleasure of writing up in this Mashable article. But you still need a way to get your sounds in the machine! IK Multimedia iRig Stomp is the first stompbox-style guitar and bass interface that fits right in with your existing pedalboard allowing you to connect your instrument to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and incorporate your mobile amps and effects into your live rig.
· Compact, durable yet lightweight, aluminum-cast enclosure integrates easily into any traditional pedalboard.
· Can be used inline with other effects pedals or directly connected to amplifiers or PA systems using regular ¼” guitar cables with no need for adapters.
· Large input gain knob provides precise adjustment of the signal for perfect guitar and bass levels.
· Active battery-powered output circuit improves headroom, especially when used with high-gain amplifiers in the AmpliTube app, reducing feedback and crosstalk when recording.
· The bypass switch allows engaging or bypassing the AmpliTube app chain of effects – like a traditional stompbox – for seamless integration into any existing rig.
· Ultra-compact form factor can be easily carried on the road.
· Features a 3.5mm/1/8” jack for silent practicing with headphones.
· Includes AmpliTube FREE app from the App Store® and can be used with any other guitar processing app that uses the iOS mini-jack including Garage Band®.
I had four guitarists come in and mess around with it and they all loved it. From the sturdy construction to the slick black box look this is a really fun piece of gear to have in the kit. Honestly, it runs only about $60 bucks too, so if you’re someone looking for a gift for the teen guitarist in your life this Christmas, it’s a way better choice than a PS3 game.
I’m giving away the iRig Stomp used in the video above to one lucky person. All you need to do is leave a comment below and let me know why you should win. If you’re a musician, leave a link to a track too and I’d love to listen to it.